Selling TipsSelling a home is a big decision and requires a lot of work and research. From getting the house ready to reviewing the closing papers, these helpful links will guide you to through the process of selling your home.
Home Maintenance Tips
Investing in your home’s maintenance and safety can pay off in peace of mind, utility costs, and resale value. These tips will help you prioritize what needs to be done, and when, so that your home will be a healthy, affordable place to live for years to come. A properly maintained home is not only a great place for you to live, but you can work to receive the best price possible when you do decide to sell it.
Home Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect and replace air conditioning filter – Use your electric bill as a reminder.
- Inspect and test smoke alarms and replace back up batteries.
- Inspect and maintain proper drainage around home.
- Inspect and caulk ceramic tile in the kitchen and the bath.
- Inspect shower caulking for proper water seal (use siliconized caulk).
- Service heating and air conditioning system.
- Inspect & clean roof, valleys & gutters for debris for proper water drainage.
- Inspect exterior doors and check weatherstripping.
- Inspect and lubricate door hardware and lock sets.
- Inspect and repair exterior caulking at windows, doors and siding.
- Drain and refill water heater.
- Inspect and repair settling drywall cracks.
- Inspect and lubricate garage door tracks.
- Inspect and repaint exterior.
Buying TipsThe homebuying process can seem complicated, but if you take things step-by-step, you will soon be holding the keys to your own home!
Shopping around for a home loan or mortgage will help you to get the best financing deal. A mortgage-whether it’s a home purchase, a refinancing, or a home equity loan-is a product, just like a car, so the price and terms may be negotiable. You’ll want to compare all the costs involved in obtaining a mortgage. Comparing your options and negotiating with your lender may save you thousands of dollars.